Heath and Safety
SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE AT WILKINS
At Wilkins Engineering, we are all committed to:
- Pursue the goal of zero harm to people; protecting our employees, subcontractors, clients and suppliers from occupational illness or injury.
- Play a key role in promoting best practice in our industry. Care for the health of our employees and those whose health may be impacted by our operations.
- Protect the environment where we operate through proper waste management and regular maintenance of our equipment to reduce carbon monoxide emissions.
- Manage HSE issues as any other critical business activity.
- Promote a culture where all Wilkins Engineering employees share this commitment
It is the policy of Wilkins Engineering to perform work in the safest manner possible and in accordance with the applicable regulations of the OSHA Act. (Occupational Health and Safety Administration). By this, we:
- Set HSE targets and objectives from company-wide level to the level of employees for improvement and measures, appraises and reports performance in order to help achieve the overall objectives of health and safety.
- Provide resources to ensure that our HSE commitments are met
- Have a systematic approach to HSE management structured along the Plan-Do-Check-Feedback model for driving continual improvement in HSE performance
- Include HSE performance in the appraisal of employees and rewards accordingly
- Implement a robust consequence management process to effectively address issues of non-compliance
- Promote the safest, healthiest workplace possible by ensuring the following:
- That all employees receive training in health and safety
- Maintaining constant and open communications between management and staff
DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE
The use of drugs or alcohol can impair a person’s judgment and lead to serious consequences on a construction site. Impaired individuals will not be tolerated on Wilkins Construction sites. Individuals suspected to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs must be escorted out of the work area immediately and have the individual dealt with as dictated by following Wilkins’ Substance Abuse Program. Under the direction of the Head of Health, Safety and Environment, the President and the Project Manager, the program is monitored, maintained and rigorously enforced.
WILKINS DELIVERS QUALITY IN EVERY PROJECT
We have long recognized the importance of Quality Assurance processes, to help achieve an efficient and profitable company. Our industry leading standards allow us to provide our clients with consistently unparalleled quality, ensuring their satisfaction and continued success.
The Quality Management System and Project Quality Plans allow us to consistently provide a high standard of work in accordance with customer specifications, drawings and documentation for all projects we undertake. This is achieved through a framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives ensuring effective planning, operation and execution of our processes.
High Performance Services
Reliable Power Grid & Solar EPC Contractor in Africa
Wilkins Engineering is a recognized leader in electric utility construction providing comprehensive electrical construction services.